Sunday, May 31, 2009

Oh dear - a list of unfinished new routes

I realize I've been getting ahead of myself with bolting recently. I think it might be time to actually climb some of the myriad of new routes I've bolted recently!

1) 45m face route at Thor Head, Bluies. I've only had one go at this route in November last year. Felt about gr26, and I did all the moves. Then I broke my ankle. I havn't been back since. Anyone?

2) Three pitch sport route near Yesterdays Groove (Pierces Pass). I bolted this at night in the rain and it has not really stopped raining since. Probably wait until summer for this. It's not even that hard - 22?

3) 20m sporty thing at Narrow Neck. I bolted this when i first moved to NSW in September. I had one go in the sun and struggled with a slippery move that felt a bit impossible. Rest was nice 23.

4) 30m Arete at Deliverence (Hawksbury River). One of the first routes I bolted out here with Lee, but have only given it one token try and got scared of the runout at the finish. Must add one more bolt to make it sane! It's a big route and very Nowra like in some ways.

5) The cave prow at Deliverance. Had a few shots at this and did all the moves and vowed to return. That was a few months ago. Opps.

6) Big wall at Sublime Point (Bluies). It's the face on the right side of Bentrovarto Wall with about 14 rings. Bolted this in the rain but looked ok. Could be hard in a slabby techy face kinda way.

7) Short pumper at Sublime Point. This is the first route you walk past on the walk in to Sweet Dreams on the red ledge. Nice easy tick once i get back there! Bolted at night in the rain (i see a theme developing?)

8) Orange cave bulge wall thing at TJF, Nowra. Bolted and enhanced to perfection many months ago. Just need to get back and climb it now!

9) Two little punchy routes at Darkside. One is 24 - other is ? (easier i hope!)

and then of course there is the routes in Victoria.... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment